Friday, June 7, 2013

Out of the Blocks: Bod for God, Part 2

Spiritually: 1 Corinthians 9:27 “… No, I beat my body and make it my slave…”(NIV).

I have discovered my body likes to talk.  I have also found that I can talk back to my body.  My body will lie to me often, telling me it controls the real me on the inside.  Not true.  It also complains a lot.  Make your body listen to the spiritual YOU.  This life should not be centered on what my body wants to eat or do; my life is centered around worship.

Mentally: Google the phrase “core training” – the most important muscles in your body that need attention. I won’t tell you what they are except that they are great for your back.  This week is all about strength

Schedule: Pick up the intensity this week. Whatever you did last week three times, do it with reasonably more intensity this week. Don’t overdo, though, because we are still working on establishing that fragile thing called habit.  If I overdo, I will lay off my schedule just to recover and that blows my new habits, and I have to start all over.  Remember, when it comes to our schedules it’s all about consistency, so pick it up this week but not too much!

Eating:  I can change my tastes.  The more I eat good, healthy foods, the more I desire them and bad food becomes somewhat repulsive.  I never thought I could honestly share that, but it is true.  Sweet stuff just doesn’t have the hold on me anymore like it used to.  I still love chocolate and have learned to have some dark chocolate occasionally or small amounts of other sweets from time to time.  But if there is a cake that I find myself returning to over and over, I make myself throw it away.  Radical?  Yes.  
With your live and lean foods and 1000 mg of quality Vitamin C, this week add the omegas.  Most people get this from fish oils.  I’ll tell you a little secret.  It will cost you because these little suckers are pricey, but you’ll save in the long run.  You’ll want to get MegaRed Krill Oil.  I get it at Walgreens. 

All Krill Oil comes from basically the same place - in cold oceans.  Take one to test for any allergic reaction.  If no reaction, then you will enjoy the huge health benefits of this little dynamo.  Read up on it.  One of the best things you can take for your health.  Make sure you know all about the omegas and krill.

Report: If you fell off the wagon last week, that’s alright, just get back on.  You are establishing habits and that takes some time, reasonable effort, and often some failure.  Your target is to make progress.  Remember, accountability can be very helpful so share something you learned about core training,d krill oil and omegas with your friend or family member who is on your “team.”  Then tell them your schedule for exercise this coming week and what you hope to eat this week.  Then tell them what you are getting out of 1 Corinthians 9:27.  Isn’t this fun?!

The information contained in this blog is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, it is provided for educational purposes only. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider before starting any new treatment or discontinuing an existing treatment. Talk with your healthcare provider about any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.

No comments:

Post a Comment