Monday, January 10, 2011

Personal favorite faith classics

There are a few books that have passed the test of time as being extremely helpful in building personal faith.  Certainly, there are other very important books such as the Pilgrim's Progress by John Bunyan but this list is a personal one and these are the books that have touched me the most and continue to do so.  In this list I am not including books that were first written in the last 30 years.  Although there are several I value very highly I want to offer my suggestions for books that have proven over time (1955 and before) to be tremendous help alongside the best help of all - the Bible - to build a person's faith in God regardless of the circumstances they face.  I know when others suggest books it has a tendency to create a hunger in me to read them.  Here are seven of them in no particular order and all of these are in print...
  • Answers to Prayer by George Mueller (1895)
  • Christ the Healer by FF Bosworth (1924)
  • Experiencing the Depths of Jesus Christ by Jeanne Guyon (1685)
  • The Christian's Secret of a Happy Life by Hannah Whitall Smith (1875)
  • The Power of Positive Thinking by Norman Vincent Peale (1952)
  • Every Increasing Faith by Smith Wigglesworth (1924)
  • Mere Christianity by CS Lewis (1940)

No comments:

Post a Comment